Friday, June 11, 2010

Fleur de Lys Visitors

It has been a very busy week that began with a downpour which brought one rare species out of hiding, and one common species to a rare spot.  This bright green lizard is a beauty, I have only ever seen one other like it in seven years of living in the islands.  They must find some sanction at the villa as the first one I saw just late last year perched on our front gates, slightly larger than this one.  I will try to research more about this species and report back on my findings.

All images by Pepper Key Stacie

The visitor below we see a lot of in the Turks and Caicos.  I thought this agile crustacean was a Blue Land Crab, a favorite food in the islands, but as the shell is clearly reddish I may be mistaken. Perhaps the red color comes from it's spiderman abilities to crawl up stone walls and nestle in corners! Again, will need to do some research to find out more about these amazing creatures.  If you happen to be reading this and know how to properly identify this weeks visitors, please leave a comment below.

No comments:

Post a Comment