Thursday, May 10, 2012

Beach Barn Before and After- Headboards


I did not manage to get a wednesday+woodworks post completed yesterday but I hope to make up for it with today's before and after project.  The Long Bay Beach Barn is filled with  locally sourced, and often refinished, furnishings.  I purchased this pair of headboards at the old Salvation-Army last year for $40.  I started by painting them ivory and adding a light distress.  I then had mirror cut for the inset areas which I antiqued and set in place.  I love the way they turned out and how versatile they are; the pretty pair can be set up as a single daybed, as a matching pair of single beds, or the two singles joined together for one big shabby chic king sized headboard!




1 comment:

  1. Stacie,

    My wife Sandra and daughter Kathryn love the headboard restoration! We would love to see more when we come to visit in July...

    Ron

    ReplyDelete